26 July, 2011

The early steps...

So, this is like my nephew right now, just turned one years old yesterday and learning to walk...i'm in the same place as him but learning to blog! I would guess that the first post will be seen by one person, me, and the rest by potentially more, as they get better and more interesting. I will try and work out how to send out via Twitter, being in the modern world and all that. 


The plan is going to be to use this blog as a reflective journal; for both my daily life within The FA and things that are going on there, and for that of my coaching hobby, working with the Under 10's at Fulham FC Academy. 


I'll try and keep it updated as best I can, with information on the future of youth football, some of the discussions we are having nationally, sharing some of the feedback from around the country on my travels and general information that might be of interest. If its not of interest, i'm sorry, skip on past those bits!


I will also use it to update on my coaching sessions, things that have worked or not worked, and some feedback from the season. That way, I can use it to effectively reflect on performances of both myself and the boys and use it as a tool for my own personal development too. Ten years coaching without reflection is like one years coaching, repeated ten times, said Gilbert and Trudel a few years ago, and incredibly true sentiments there indeed. 


Any help and guidance from people of more experience in the blogging world, please feel free to suggest away, as all help welcomed. 


So, time to hit "publish post" and see what happens...





2 comments:

  1. I look forward to following your blog posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nick,

    I'll be building out a robust site focused on the England Youth material posted on Twitter...coupled up with unique blog posts, interviews, and related media.

    If you're interested in a developed, promoted section of the blog dedicated to your writings and submissions - happy to provide that outlet.

    Cheers
    A

    ReplyDelete